Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fire Photos

As promised, here's a couple fire photos. That's my dear husband Chad in the first one. I think these are from Friday if I remember correctly.



I was a little off on the size of the park in my other post, too. I said it was 80,000 acres...it's actually 96,000. He said it took over an hour from the entrance of the park to get to the fire he was working on. And he had to take an ATV to get there.

The good news is that we had A LOT of rain the past couple days, and they were finally able to completely pull out yesterday. It's so good to have him home at a reasonable time, and safe! Now let's just hope all these other fires going on get taken care of soon.

Completely unrelated to fires...if you haven't already, be sure to check out Sara's blog for some peekies of the SoML June kit! Scroll down a bit to see the stamp designs. I'm really excited for this one. Lots of cool stuff!

10 comments:

Sara Berry said...

Wow, Penny, those are some amazing photos! Glad Chad is done fire-fighting for now. Tell him thank you for all of us who don't/can't do that sort of work.

toners said...

Wow, those photos are amazing. What a brave man your hubby is!

Vee said...

amazing photos but so terrible that this fire occured
off to see the sneek peak!
glad your hubby is okay and safe.

Bonita Rose said...

those fires look scary! yikes.

Anonymous said...

omg! that looks crazy! i'm glad he is safe.

Heather said...

Wow! Amazing and yet scary pictures. We were in Montana when it was ablaze several years ago. It's a scary scene.

Heidi Joe said...

Dang, girl. Those pics are crazy! Glad you all are safe down there... take care!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That first pic is the scariest photo I've ever see!!!

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Oh my goodness! Those photos are scary and amazing at the same time. I'm glad your DH is alright and thank you to him from a fellow Floridian. I appreciate everything he and his fellow firefighters are doing to keep us safe.

Deanna G. said...

holy cow, those pics are insane! you and your dh stay safe :)

the SOML june peek made my little heart skip a beat :)