Friday, December 08, 2006

Update on Marley

Well, Marley didn't end up having surgery yesterday. When they put her under at the surgeon's vet to do more detailed x-rays, she got a rather bad case of diarrhea. Yuck. They said it's probebly because she's nervous from being left at the vet so much the past few days, especially since we've been away. So of course it made me feel horrible that I made my poor baby sick.

Soooo, they want to make sure that gets cleared up and give her a couple weeks to chill. She goes back in on the 26th of this month to get the surgery.

The surgery is the other new development. She DOES have hip displaysia in her left hip, but it is in the VERY early stages. The nurse said dogs with hips several times worse than her are often not limping yet. What is causing her limping is her knee- she has a torn ligament. I don't know how it happened, but it's there. So, Marley is having knee surgery instead. The part that's going to be a little difficult is instead of a 2-day recovery time as with the hip surgery, this one will be 8 WEEKS! No running hard before the surgery so it doesn't tear completely, and then after, no getting up on furniture or the bed. Only walk outside to go to the bathroom. Very limited time on her feet. We'll see how it goes. We're talking about a dog who loves to run and play, get up on our bed and curl up with us, and has a little doggie brother that she likes to wrestle with. I'm sure all will be fine, though.

I found these treats on the Trixie and Peanut website when I was ordering their Christmas presents. I am totally getting them for her for after the surgery. They are just too cute!


Thank you so much to everyone who left well wishes for her surgery! I know she'll be fine. I'm glad we can do something to make her all better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor doggy! We have a 13 year old Lab who is having a tough time getting around these days. : (
Those are the CUTEST treats ever!

Anonymous said...

poor poor little thing
I hope she is able to take it easy b4 her surgery
love those treats!
going to check them out for Aiden :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Marley!! :( Those treats are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh Poor Marley! I hope she feels better soon. I guess you will have to spoil her rotten in the meantime. looks like you have that well under control. I am SO partial to black labs..they are the best!!!

Melissa said...

poor Marley! I hope everything goes well with the Surgery and that she starts to feel better ASAP. I'm sure those adorable treats will help ;)