Friday, June 16, 2006

Studio Friday: Aha! Moment

This week for Studio Friday, we share something that evolved into something completely different than we had planned. "I'm sure we've all had a moment when we're creating something we've had in mind and then something totally different results by accident."

These photos are one of my Aha moments. A little over a year ago, I was reading a book about sparking creativity, and it suggested playing around with scanning random items on your scanner. I was expecting to do just some funky, fun stuff (which I did), but these ones actually turned out GOOD. They're all done with nothing but a scanner, and some slight tweaking (plus B&W conversion) in photoshop. The lily was accepted into a local art exhibit, and the sand dollar one was my most popular print at a small art show I participated in. I guess you could say this was my first venture into digital....the 'gateway' experiment, hehee.


6 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, really beautiful works of art!
I love the idea of scanning things!

firstborn studio said...

WONDERFUL!!!

Debbie said...

This just blows me away! How wonderful and I can see why you were selling a lot of them. What an A-ha!

Ellen said...

A-ha, I never thought of scanning objects! Your adventures into scanning and tweaking are absolutely awesome!

Stacia said...

Beautiful! I really like the lily with the folds. I use the scanner as my camera for textures...I've scanned in a halved cabbage, a wrinkled brown bag, fabric, etc. Great and unexpected results!

Kim Carney said...

yes, that is a great Aha, and the results are wonderful.