Monday, July 10, 2006

Reconnecting with good friends.


I originally didn't want anything to do with MySpace. I'm not into chatting online with random people (well, aside from 2Peas, but you get the idea). My sister and all my cousins out in California talked me into creating an account so I could see family photos when they posted them, and so I could read their blogs. So I did. I started getting messages from people I went to school with, and found even more friends that I hadn't seen or talked to since High School Graduation. Then I found Jenifer. She was one of my good friends. Last time I saw her was maybe 2 years after my graduation. We exchanged phone numbers and talked on Saturday. It was like old times! I know where she is now, and she said she wants to plan a trip down to visit. She's the second one over in the photo (I'm the first one).


Another good thing about MySpace is it tells you when your friends' birthdays are. Of course, I knew these at one time, but one tends to forget over the course of 8 1/2 years! So, I made a birthday card for my friend Carrie (who I HAVE kept in touch with over the years...she's the third one over on top).

My mom ran into the 4th girl, Shea (the little one) a little while back, and got her phone number. I still need to call her. I've seen her since my Graduation, too, but haven't talked with her since we moved.

There was another girl in our 'group', too...Sam. I got in touch with her last year. She lives out of state now, so I probably won't be seeing her any time soon, but it's nice to know I can email her if I want, and know how she's doing.

Don't ever take your friends for granted. Of course I have made new friends since we moved away, but sometimes I miss my old friends, too.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow, now THAT'S a good reason for a blog! It must be great to talk to old friends again...wish I could find some of mine...

Vee said...

that is so cool!!!
love the card very pretty!!!

Cindy Lee said...

how great that you are attempting to stay in touch with your old high school friends! they are, indeed, priceless! My 30 year high school reunion is this August - I can't go - but have been contacted by several of my dear friends and it always makes me feel so nostalgic - they will always hold a place in my heart! have a blessed day, Cindy Lee

Anonymous said...

wow. Makes me want to join myspace now too. I didn't realize there was so much opportunity to re-connect. thanks for sparking that interest in me!
Cute card too!