Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekends pass so fast!




Well, I had a nice weekend. I didn't get as much done in the way of crafts as I would have liked, but it was a very productive couple of days. I made myself a shelf to get some of these larger things out of my drawers to make more space, I finished getting my ribbon organized the way I wanted, and I organized my supplies better. I had wood dovetail roll out trays left over from one of my jobs at work (they arrived wrong from the manufacturer), so I brought a couple of them home. I used one here to make a little bit of extra space. And man, I love bread pans. They are so useful!

As far as craft type things, I completed a layout of a Jimmy Buffett concert we went to (my first!). You can see that here. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I FINALLY got to use some of the stuff from the Jenni Bowlin kit, too. I made a 4x6 mini canvas. Isn't it pretty? I also made this really cute magnet of Pickle (my Boston Terrier) that says 'My Little Prince', and I made a little crown and everything. I didn't get a photo of that, yet.

Saturday was the Native American and Pioneer Festival at our park. I got some awesome photos of the Battle Reenactment (Union soldiers and Seminoles). I hadn't gone out and taken photos in sooo long. I really enjoyed it. The battle itself was a little disappointing for me, though. I used to do Civil War reenactment with my Dad and sister, and I'm used to big battles like Olustee, and to people being really strict about everything being authentic and period. These guys had soda bottles sitting around, some had tennis shoes on, and they were so unorganized in the battle. And they kept misfiring the cannon. I guess I'm just spoiled, but it was still fun to watch, and the visitors enjoyed it. That's what counts.

No comments: