Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A new layout, and some other stuff.

This is the layout I made this weekend. I was going to post this yesterday, but I could not get my picture to upload. It may have just been my work computer. Anyway, I just had to urge to work with some more ink, and I incorporated India Ink splatters into this one. Man, I didn't remember what a mess that stuff made! At least I didn't get any on my clothes.

I did a couple other things, too, that I didn't take photos of. I was reading Emily Falconbridge's blog on Saturday, and came across her post about these adorable Button Flowers, and since I have a virtual TON of buttons, I just had to make some! They are so cute! I made about 6 or 7, but I want to make more. And I need a cute little vase or bottle to put them in.

I also decided that it was time to wean Pickle off his crate for bed time. We don't close him in it anymore, and he won't go in there during the day to sleep, he just gets in there to go to bed at night. Plus, I was ready to not have the thing in our bedroom anymore. He looked at me like I was crazy when I was taking it apart. I made a cute new cover for his big pillow he had in there out of cow-print canvas. I also made a little 'blanket' with cow print on one side, and red-with-white polka dot material on the other side. He has to have something wrapped around him like a bolster when he sleeps, because he likes to nest into a little ball, so I figured it might as well match. Well...he was okay for a couple hours each night over the weekend, but then ended up right in the bed next to me. I swear he has a Penny-magnet on his butt, because he stays glued to me the entire night! Last night, about 1am, he climed into bed with me again, and I put him right back in his bed....and he stayed there the whole night! Chad suggested moving the pillow into a corner up against the dresser, so he'd be surrounded on two sides, and it worked! I think he's gonna be okay.

11 comments:

Funky Finds said...

great layout & your pup sounds adorable! my abby sleeps right up against me every night, but sometimes i wake up & she's asleep under my pillow & i'm laying on her!? odd indeed.

Anonymous said...

great layout - thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

love the layout... and i love that your dog's name is pickle. we have unique pet names at my house, too. and, all 3 of my furkids (2 cats, 1 dog) sleep in the bed with me and DH. don't know how we do it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. And I also love this page - it is FABULOUS. The ink looks great.

Good luck with Pickle. We have 2 dogs - one in the bed and one in a chair. The one in the bed is tiny, so it's not so bad. The one in a chair is HUGE and he would never be welcome in my bed - no way, no how!

Vee said...

love your lo!
hope pickle adjusts well!

Bonita Rose said...

Your layout is fab and omg.. those flowers are oh so me.. how much was that wire gadget?? so so cool... I love these! thks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL page!!! =)

Sofia said...

Your layout is stunning! Wow!

LOL about your doggie!
:-) I'd love to see a picture of his new bed. It sounds so cute.

corinne5 said...

love your lo and your photography style!

corinnexxx

Kristal said...

LOVE the lo!!! Great job. Good luck with Pickle. We have four dogs. DH just sleeps on the sofa LOL!!

Melissa said...

love your page and those button flowers are too cute!! might have to try that out ;)