Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend Stuff.

First of all, I am happy to say that I purchased my very first Idea Book this weekend:


Elsie is just amazing. Her layouts are both fun and heartfelt...not to mention gorgeous! Just a quick flip through gave me the inspiration to fix a layout that I really wasn't happy with. This one started out as a horizontal 8 1/2 x 11 on Kraft cardstock. I liked certain elements (the photo and the tag) but it just wasn't 'doing it' for me. This is the final version:


Now I just need to get the Freestyle book! And maybe the designing with type book.

6 comments:

Vee said...

this is on my list to get
I just purchased Ali's Play....book and I love it!
I also want the freestyle book :)
lo is awesome
love all of the yummy color :)

Sofia said...

I just ordered my Elsie book from Ebay last night. Can't wait to get it. I find her work very inspiring.

Fabulous layout! Love the fun, whimsical feel of it. :-)

Maureen said...

Thatas a cute layout. I have to get this book and a few others to give me some new ideas.

Lynn said...

Wow! great lo! I was on the fence about getting that book, but now I think I'll jump and get it. Thanks for inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

Super fun/cool layout!

marshan said...

love that page! You should get the Ali book too if you use a lot of Patterned paper. Love both of those books!