Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Scrapbooking Confession.

I have a confession....or even a declaration if you prefer:


I LOVE HEIDI SWAPP RUB-ONS!!!


I know I am in the minority on this one...most people that have used them HATE them with a passion and threw them away. Yes, yes, I admit...they were a big pain in the butt the first and even second time I used them. I couldn't get them to transfer at all, let alone actually STICK to anything. But I was bound and determined not to waste $5.99 and 925 characters worth of pink Heidi goodness. Okay, I did waste maybe 8 or 9 letters, but I figured them out. And now, I'll venture to say they are my absolute favorite. It's not just the awesome fonts and colors...it's the convenience. I love that you don't have to cut out the individual letters, since they are not sticky. They are so much quicker than the others...to me, anyways.

I always use the pointy end of the stick that comes with them. Lay down the sheet and line up the letter you want. I do a quick trace-around of the letter, just to get it started, and then I trace over the letter itself. You don't have to rub hard at all. The letters actually get darker as they transfer (which is the opposite of what it says on the back of the package). Make sure there are no more light spots, and lift! They are so easy, and really quick once you get the hang of them. The small learning curve is totally worth it. I use them on everything, and have never had a problem with them coming off. And the scotch tape trick (removing mistakes with a piece of scotch tape) comes in handy now and then, too.

I, for one, am going to be bummed when Advantus changes them to work like regular rub-ons.

7 comments:

Kara said...

I need to try these!

Funky Finds said...

I've never tried these either, but what a great tidbit of info!

Anonymous said...

I love them too! So glad to know that I am not alone!

Sofia said...

I'm one of the people who couldn't figure them out. They just kept cracking each time. Maybe I'll give them another try. Thanks for the tips.

Vee said...

i totally agree!
I love them
and need to buy more b4 they start replacing with the new ones!
i love all products HS! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you... anything Heidi Swapp I gotta have. So addicting!

Anonymous said...

I was rak'd one of these hw rub-on sets but haven't used them yet. I'll have to try it out. I love the colors and fonts they come in. Now I want to try them out!