Friday, March 17, 2006

One of our 'Little Friends' made another visit!


And of course I had to take a picture of it! This isn't the same one as last time, he (or she?!) was smaller, less agressive, and WAY less smelly. I took Pickle out last night, and when I walked by, I caught a little whiff of Eau de Critter. Sure enough, there it was curled up and sound asleep on the soft bed of dog food bags. I jiggled the can just to make sure it was alive, and it just stared at me and sniffed the air. It did get a little upset when I took a photo, though. When I was doing some cropping in Photoshop, I noticed it's ear is tagged. I'll have to tell Chad about that.

Chad DID get us a nice big, heavy trash can with a lid, but we still hadn't gotten rid of the lid-less cans yet because the dumpsters in the park were full. I think it's pretty cool to see these little guys, I just don't want one of the dogs chasing after one and getting bit (and I don't want one of them to hurt the opossum!). It amazes me how they can get into the can without knocking it over, and they don't make a mess (aside from tearing open the bags inside the can). I wonder if they could get out without me setting the can on its side?

Oh, and HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! *pinches everyone not wearing green*

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

ewww critters! He's cute, but I wudn't want them anywhere near my house!