Monday, March 20, 2006

What I made this weekend....





So, this is the stuff I made this weekend. The first layout is about when I take photos of Chad. He always gives me this pitiful, half-smile (if that!), so I tell him "Smile with your Teeth!". Then I get a big, fake toothy grin. He's so cute.

The next one proves that inspiration can come from anywhere. I was flipping through a Victoria's Secret catalog that came in the mail, and there was this really cute swirly, flowery pattern on a pair of panties, and I thought, "That would make a cute scrapbook page!" So this is what I came up with. I used ALL SCRAPS on this page. The lyrics are from the 'Sisters' song off the old Bing Crosby movie 'White Christmas'. We watched that growing up, and I've been wanting to use it on a page.

On this little frame, I kept it black as it was, but I oversanded the edges, and banged it up with my eyelet hammer. The white dots are rub-on stitches from DCWV. The heart is Heidi Swapp. I used photos from a contact sheet of some black and white shots I took of Chad a few years back. I like the look of these, how you can see the film and all...I have a bunch of these, so I'll have to use them more often.

The last one took like three seconds to make, but I thought it turned out cute, and I needed a cute bookmark! I also wanted an excuse to use that fab stamp from my Jenni Bowlin kit. Heart is Heidi Swapp.

Be sure to check my blog tomorrow to see my new toy. It's KINDA scrapbook related, but kinda not. I have been waiting over a year to get this......I'm so EXCITED to get home and try it out! This is HUGE for me.

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

wow gf. u had a busy sbing weekend!
GOod for you!!
love that little bookmark. I so wish I cuda afforded that JB kit last month, But nope.. couldn't.. I love that stamp...so love it!!!!!!
I wonder where u can get one? any ideas?

justem said...

Everything looks awesome! I am totally in love with the second layout!!

Anonymous said...

What fun and colorful LO's. Great job!